Thursday, February 10, 2011

Taylor's Strawberry Hat

Back in November my sister-in-law asked me to make my niece a new hat. I made her a cute purple ear flap hat last year for her first birthday. My sister-in-law said it was starting to get kind of small and Taylor (my niece) now has a hot pink coat. After rummaging through all my knitting and crocheting books my sister-in-law loved the idea of a cute hot pink strawberry hat. At first we were both thinking having a stem on the top of the hat, but then she mentioned liking the ear flaps to keep Taylor's ears warm. That is when I decided to make the strawberry upside down. That way the bottom of the hat could be the leaves of the strawberry and two rather large leaves could be the ear flaps.

I debated for a few days and drew some sketches and thought about how to do certain things. I finally started crocheting the hat in late December. By January 5 the project was complete.

Please take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think:
Strawberry Baby Hat (side)
Side View

Strawberry Baby Hat (back)
Back View

Strawberry Baby Hat (front)
Front View

Thanks for looking!

People Who Follow This Blog

Map of Guests

Locations of visitors to this page