Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Sunday 2011

I have lived in Green Bay the majority of my life. It is a great place to live, but the city's dependance on the Packers can sometimes be extremely annoying. However, these two weeks leading up to the Superbowl remind me why I DO enjoy living in Green Bay. There are parades, there are parties, there are pep rallies. I still remember many parts of the Superbowl XXXI and XXXII. I remember what we ate and different events leading up to the Superbowl. I remember the radio playing about 3 hour or 4 hours straight of Packer music. As a child my sister and I recorded a lot of the music and would play it over and over again cheering on our favorite team. I have now grown older and lost a lot of interest in football (and sports, in general). My love and devotion to music and religion definitely surpass most things in my life. However, you cannot help but catch Packer Fever in a town like Green Bay. My mom has planned all sorts of delicious foods to celebrate the day and spent time debating what to wear to bring the most luck. This year, unlike Superbowl XXXI and XXXII I will not be spending it at home. Instead I will be heading over to a friends house for some knitting. It will be great to spend time with my friends and get some knitting done during the Superbowl. By the end of the game I will hopefully have gotten even closer to completing my wave scarf while watching a Packer win! All I know is if the Packers win I can look forward to a weeks worth of happy faces on many of my students' faces.

Keep watching for updates to the 60 Quick Knits post as Knitterqueen and myself continue to knit like crazy.

Enjoy the Superbowl (or the commercials) and/or Glee afterwards!

No comments:

People Who Follow This Blog

Map of Guests

Locations of visitors to this page