Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Bold Booga Bag

I have been wanting to learn how to knit for a while. Now that I met Em it seems like more of a possibility. We are working together to create a Booga Bag. Em let me pick out some colors from her stash and I picked a rose colored Lion Brand Wool along with a yellow colored Cascade 220. To create the booga bag I started with the rose colored Lion Brand Wool to make the bottom. I then decided to switch to some of my leftover Caribbean Sea colored Cascade 220, which I used for Katie's scarf. Now I'm using the yellow colored Cascade 220, which is kind of more gold. I really love the colors because they are just so bright and make me really happy :). The pattern calls for 64 rows tall and so far I have about 22 rows, so I am not quite half way. I have about 26 more rows of gold, then I'm going to switch to the Caribbean Sea for 4 rows, then finish with the rose color for 4 rows.

Here is a picture of what it looked like about 10 rows ago:
The Bold Booga Bag
Bold Booga Bag

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's really pretty! I tried knitting once and couldn't get the hang of it. ^^

Unknown said...

Yeah, I think it is turning out really nice... I'm kind of surprised, I figured I would have majorly messed up by now... but Em helps a lot :)

Holly said...

That is awesome! I can't knit either!

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

Colorful! I love it. Knitting with bright colors in winter is a great pick-me-up.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!!! and well made!

People Who Follow This Blog

Map of Guests

Locations of visitors to this page